Within Oilfields Supply Center Limited’s Jebel Ali common user supply base, there are three wholly owned, fully equipped oilfield workshops each with their own individual core competencies. There are some overlaps in these competencies due to the fact that each workshop operates independently of the others.
The three workshops are described below :-
Oilfields Supply Center Limited’s workshop is amongst the leading workshops in the UAE. Established in 1960, we have over 55 years of experience within the oil & gas service sectors and meeting our customer requirements “on time every time” without any compromise in quality.
As one of the most prominent workshops in the UAE, we are proud to be associated with major OEMs of the Oil & Gas Industry such as Cameron, Qatar Petroleum, Baker Hughes, Halliburton, GE Oil & Gas, Hunting Energy, NOV, Dubai Petroleum, Masaood John Brown and Schlumberger in the Middle East. The introduction of a number of CNC machines, coupled with our precision machinists, bring added value to our machining capabilities-providing accurate and consistent output, with increased productivity. Our 18,000 square feet fully air conditioned workshop covers many applications with specialized coating services at the forefront of our core competencies :-
- CNC drilling and milling of heat exchanger tube plates and associated components
- Tube finning. (“L”, “LL”, “KL” and “G” embedded)
- Hard chromium plating deposit
- High Velocity Oxygen Fuel (HVOF) coating
- Plasma/Arc spray applications with a 6 axis robotic control and turntable integration in a dedicated spray cell
- Combustion wire spray coating.
- Cleaning and surface preparation (lapping and rust sand blasting)
- Cylindrical, internal and surface grinding.
- Vertical turning lathes (CNC and manual)
- Hard bearing balancing
The various ISO accreditations below for Oilfields Supply Center Limited apply in all respects to the workshop activities as described above.
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
Christensen Gulf Services LLC has provided workshop services to the Middle East oil and gas industry since 1976 with its main focus being the repair and service of downhole motors and tools.
Services undertaken are :-
- Machining of API connections on all drilling equipment
- Repair and service of downhole motors and tools
- Repair and service of stabilisers including hard-facing
- Break-out and make-up connections up to 125,000 ft/lbs
- General machining on hollow spindle and smaller lathes
- Manufacture of cross over subs, alignment subs, stabilisers
- Corebarrel repair and service
- Phosphating operations
- General oilfield fabrication
Christensen Gulf Services LLC is accredited with :-
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001:2004
- OHSAS 18001:2007
- API – Spec-7-1
Providing the industry with manufacturing, machine shop repair, inspection services, fluid sealing products and slotted liner manufacturing since 1974 with extensive facilities in Jebel Ali, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Oman and Saudi Arabia.
- Drill collars (spiral/slick)
- Roller Reamers
- Short drill collars
- Mandrels and sleeves for Ezy-Change type I-II stabilisers
- Solid integral blade stabilisers/welded blade stabilisers
- Non-rotating stabiliser mandrels
- Drill stem substitutes
- Lift subs
- Manufacture of fishing and milling tools
Machine Shop Repair and Service
- Hard-banding (drill pipe, drill collars)
- Spiralling (drill collars)
- Stub-welding (drill collars stabilisers, reamers, hole openers)
- Straightening (up to 14″ OD drill collars)
- Rebuild/redress (stabilisers)
- Heat treatment (stress relieving)
- Connection repairs (API and Proprietary)
Field inspection services (offshore/onshore)
- BHA Drilling tools
- Drill Pipe
- Surface hoisting and handling equipment
- Masts & Substructures
- Lifting equipment inspection and recertification
Sand Control Technology
Reliable Wellbore support & Sand control in horizontal well completions. Demonstrated to be one of the safest and most reliable methods of well bore support and sand control, slotted liners are strong, easily installed, and virtually maintenance-free. Providing a rugged screen, they allow formation fluids to enter the well bore with less frictional drag than the lateral wound wire of wrapped screens. At the same time, the longitudinal bevelled slots control incursion problems more effectively than the sharp-edged wide profile holes of wrapped drilled liners.
Fluid Sealing Products
Smith Gaskets has been servicing this industry since the early nineties and through solid investment and continuous growth has now become one the world’s leading gasket manufacturers.
With its main manufacturing and distribution centre based in the Oilfields Supply Center Limited in Jebel Ali, SIGS services the gasket industry across the Middle East and Far East with service centres in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE and Malaysia.
- Ring Joint
- Spiral Wound
- Cut Sheet
- Flange Insulation
- Metal Jacketed
- Compression Packing
- Representing Kroll & Ziller, Teadit & Gore Products.
- ISO 9001:2008
- API Q1 Spec-7-1
- API 6A